Alexandria Mom's Calendar of Events

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Remembering Maurice Sendak

Maurice Sendak is most notably known for "Where the Wild Things Are". 
But my personal favorite is "Little Bear".  (I know he didn't write them, just illustrated them). 




Thank you Mr. Sendak for sharing your stories with us. 






Remembering Maurice Sendak ~~~~




"Please don't go. We'll eat you up. We love you so."-Maurice Sendak, author of "Where the Wild Things Are,"


"And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"


"There must be more to life than having everything!" -from "Higglety Pigglety Pop!" by Maurice Sendak


"And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all." -from 'Where the Wild Things Are'


I cry a lot because I miss people. They die and I can't stop them. They leave me and I love them more.”  




No comments:

Post a Comment