City of Alexandria Schedule of Services for the Veterans Day Holiday,
For Immediate Release: November 6, 2013
City of Alexandria government offices, libraries, and recreation centers are open on Veterans Day, which is observed on. All Veterans Day-related updates and closures are listed below.
- Health Facilities: The Alexandria Health Department, 4480 King St., and the Flora Krause Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard St., will be closed on . The Teen Wellness Center, 3330 King Street, will be open on .
- Hotlines: All emergency hotlines operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including the child protective services hotline at 703.746.5800; the domestic violence hotline, 703.746.4911; the emergency services for mental health or substance abuse crisis hotline, 703.746.3401; and the sexual assault hotline,703.683.7273.
- Libraries: All Alexandria Library branches will be open on a regular schedule on .
- Parking: On , the Alexandria Police Department will suspend enforcement of parking restrictions at metered spaces, HOV regulations, residential permit parking districts and other areas with signed parking time limits.
- Recreation Centers: All City recreation centers are open on a regular schedule on alexandriava.gov/Recreation for specific information on operating hours. The Jerome “Buddie” Ford Nature Center is regularly closed on Mondays. . Please check
- Refuse Collection: Residential refuse and recycling will be collected on a regular weekday schedule on .
- Schools: Alexandria City Public are closed on .
- State Offices: The following Commonwealth of Virginia offices located in Alexandria will be closed on : the Circuit, General District, and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Courts, and the DMV Office on 2681 Mill Rd.
- Transit: Alexandria Transit Company’s DASH bus service will operate on a regular weekday schedule on .
For more information, contact Melissa Riddy in the Office of Communications and Public Information at 703.746.5415, or firstname.lastname@example.org