Alexandria Mom's Calendar of Events

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Theft from Porches in Rosemont - Update from the Alexandria Police Dept

FROM ALEXANDRIA POLICE DETECTIVE:

Thank you to all of your responses and interest in these cases.

I want to let you all know that I charged the suspect with four counts of felony theft (of packages) for cases I could definitely prove against him. He was arrested on those warrants on Friday, July 1, 2011.

I obtained a search warrant for his home in Prince William County and a search warrant for his vehicle. Both were executed on July 5th. The home was that of hoarders (he and his girlfriend) making the search daunting. Nothing was recovered from the home regarding the described offenses and related property. I included your responses from the yahoo newsgroup in items for which to be searched.

I did recover from the suspect's vehicle a piece of property from one of the package thefts. This items was turned into police property as evidence and the owner was notified.

Additionally, I obtained a seizure warrant for the suspect's vehicle. I had the vehicle towed from Prince William County to our impound lot. The vehicle is now property of the City of Alexandria. I will let you all know the outcome of the cases he faces. He will likely also be directly indicted on cases going back several years.

Thank you for being alert neighbors. Please remember to report all offenses to which you are a victim and/or witness - even if is a suspicious event or person. If we don't hear from you, we don't know that anything occurred. Call the non-emergency number for these incidents (unless it is an emergency, of course): 703-838-4444. We also have an on-line reporting unit via the city website.

One more note: in the Fall - perhaps in September or October, I will be coming to a community meeting at the Mt. Vernon School (date and time to be determined) . I may also convene an additional meeting as warranted at a time/date and location to be determined later. Please advise if anyone has ideas or a desire to meet with me in a group-session to discuss area theft incidents further. I am a burglary/larceny detective primarily and am responsible for the quadrant of the city that includes Rosemont, Del Ray, Beverley Hills, Potomac Yards and the areas bordered by King Street west of the Masonic Temple to Quaker Lane to 395 to Route 1.

Sincerely,
Det. Julie Goble

Detective Julie D. Goble / 1916
2003 Mill Road
Alexandria, VA 22314
Main: 703-838-4711
Desk: 703-838-4082

No comments:

Post a Comment