For Immediate Release:
The legal deadline to register to vote in the General Election is . In Alexandria, the election will include contests for U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives (8th Congressional District), and a proposed amendment to the Virginia Constitution.
The Alexandria Office of Voter Registration and Elections offers the following voter registration methods:
- Submit the application online at vote.virginia.gov before on .
- Register in person at the Office of Voter Registration and Elections, 132 North Royal Street, Suite 100, before 5 p.m. on October 14.
- Download an application at alexandriava.gov/Elections, then print, sign and mail the completed form to the Office of Voter Registration, 132 North Royal Street, Suite 100, Alexandria, VA 22314. Applications must be postmarked on or before .
The same deadlines are in effect for Virginia voters who are registered, but have moved within the City of Alexandria or Virginia. Voters who do not update their registration records before the deadline are at risk of being ineligible to vote in this election.
Voter information cards for new or transferred registrants will be mailed within one week of the registration date.
Virginia registered voters who need to update their addresses may do so using any of the methods listed above, or by the following:
- Complete the form on the back of their old Voter Information Card card and mail or fax it to the Office of Voter Registration and Elections, 703.838.6449 (fax) prior to .
- Complete a new voter registration application and fax it to the Office of Voter Registration and Elections, 703.838.6449 (fax) prior to .
Alexandria voters who are not certain if they are registered at their current address may go toalexandriava.gov/Elections and look for “Am I Registered & Where do I Vote?” under the Voter Registration links. Voters may also call the Office of Voter Registration and Elections at703.746.4050.
Voter Photo ID Requirements and Other Election InformationVirginians who are registered to vote must show photo identification when voting. Checkalexandriava.gov/Elections or call 703.746.4050 for a list of acceptable photo ID and other election information, including sample ballots and in-person absentee voting hours.
For more information, contact Anna Leider, General Registrar, at 703.746.4050 firstname.lastname@example.org