Thursday, August 6, 2015
Alexandria Chamber of Commerce is searching for a new leader
The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce, an organization that has provided over a century of successful advocacy and service to the business community of Alexandria, VA and the Greater Metropolitan area of Washington, DC, is looking for a qualified candidate for the full-time position of President and Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will possess the experience, knowledge, and political and diplomatic skills necessary to successfully lead the Chamber into its next 100 years, and to ensure that Alexandria remains a business friendly, innovative, and forward-looking community, while never forgetting its important historical past.
Any candidate applying for this position should have significant experience and measurable success managing an organization dependent on membership growth, event and program management, and fund raising. Past experience managing the growth, and increasing the influence, of another Chamber of Commerce or similar organization would be a plus, as would demonstrable ability to collaborate with other government, economic and community entities similar to those found in the Alexandria area.
The President and CEO will represent the Chamber to local, state, and federal elected representatives and other governmental, business, non-profit, and community organizations and their senior staff; increase member growth, retention and involvement in Chamber activities; ensure the Chamber’s long-term financial success, and; manage the Chamber’s professional staff.
The President and CEO will also be expected to:
· Ensure that the mission, goals, and policies of the Chamber are communicated to its various constituencies in a thoughtful, consensus-building manner, which foster complementary relationships and synergy on behalf of the business community with those persons and organizations.
· Maintain an environment that fosters favorable relations with members of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, Past Chairs, Past Presidents, committee volunteers, and members at large.
· Serve on the boards of our community and economic partners.
· Increase corporate sponsorships for Chamber events and identify and implement additional non-dues revenue opportunities and strategies.
· Lead the Chamber in implementing and advocating public policy positions adopted by the Board of Directors (the “Board”) or the Executive Committee of the Board acting pursuant to the Bylaws of the Chamber.
· Serve as an advisor to the Board and Chairman, and assisting the Chairman-elect in the review and planning of the Annual Plan.
· Maintain appropriate staff support to Chamber committees.
· Prepare and defend an annual operating budget covering all activities of the Chamber, subject to approval of the Board.
· Execute the Chamber’s events in a first-class manner in keeping with the Chamber’s stature in the community, including timely and accurate recognition of the Chamber’s sponsors and supporters, as applicable, in print, through digital media, and at the event, and
· Serve as the primary spokesperson for the Chamber, and support volunteer leadership in their role as additional spokespersons for the Chamber.
For any inquiries, or to submit your qualifications, please contact:
Chair-Elect, Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
Posted by Alexandria Mom at 4:51 PM