Art on the Avenue is a signature event for the Del Ray community that has helped forged our neighborhood image over year and has enhanced our profile regionally as a great place to live. Plus it's a lot of fun for the whole family.
This fun comes with a few little inconveniences:
- Mt Vernon Avenue will be closed from Bellefonte to Commonwealth.
- The blocks east and west of Mt. Vernon from Bellefonte to Commonwealth will be barricaded.
- Bus service (10A, 10B, AT10) will be rerouted along Monroe and Commonwealth to bypass festival blocks.
- Closures will begin early Saturday for festival set-up. Expect all streets to be reopened by 8pm.
- There is NO farmers market in Del Ray this week. For your market fix, give Old Town a try or wait till Sunday for the Four Mile Run Farmers & Artisans Market.
- There is NO compost collection in Del Ray on Saturday. Food waste will be collected at the Old Town market and on Sunday at the Four Mile Run market.
- Musical performances will be taking place on four stages along the Avenue. If you live nearby, expect a little extra noise on Saturday.
- MANY, MANY visitors, vendors and volunteers are expected in Del Ray for Art on the Avenue. Some of them will be looking for parking, so expect things to be especially "cozy" on Saturday.
Art on the Avenue offers arts, crafts, music, food, and activities for kids. The festival runs from 10 am to 6 pm.
Be sure to come out and enjoy the day!