Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Family FieldFest October 24
Hosted by Alexandria Renew and the City of Alexandria's Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Affairs Department, the first-ever Family FieldFest is free to attend, open to the public and will be held rain or shine!
Local food and live music all day. Over 50 vendors including recreation partners, non-profits, and local businesses. Food vendors include Sensi Juice, Stomping Ground, Buzz Bakery, Sweet Fire Donna’s and Teasism.
Grab a passport when you get there for prizes! Hit all of FieldFest's four zones and you are officially part of TEAM MOXIE, a cool new water super hero in town who will be making a guest appearance at the event!
The field is filled with fun including exercise classes, pumpkin painting, bubble wand making, an arts tent with a face paint master, a sports league expo and free demonstrations from local companies with a focus on healthy and sustainable living.
Pick and paint a pumpkin and test your taste buds at an apple tasting. Be sure to make time for wellness at any of the free on-site yoga classes.
• – Ease Rise and Shine Yoga
• – Kid’s Yoga and Movement
• – Demonstration of Curvy Yoga for Bigger Bodied Yogis
• – Yoga Flow
• – Demonstration of beginner Yoga
Experience change by painting your face, learning new moves and seeing AlexRenew transforms dirty water into clean sparkling water. Below are the free martial arts and wellness classes.
• 11:00 Martial Arts for Adults
• Martial Arts for Youngsters
- Zumba Class
- Demos by One Life Fitness’ Explosive Performance Team
- Basic Health and Nutrition Consultation
- Fitness Assessments
It’s double the fun when the kids get creative and make their own bubbles and bubble wands! Innovation Island will also hold a variety of fun-for-the-whole-family classes.
• 11:30 – Cardio Sculpting
• – Kids Creative Movement
• – Pilates with Props
• – Belly Dance
• – Kids Creative Ballet
• – Family Dance
Harness your energy and excitement right into a variety of classes and activities brought to you by the City of Alexandria’s Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Activities Department. While here stop by and see the Washington Nationals and DC United for a free giveaways.
• – Stroller Striders Class
• – Zumba Class
• – Alexandria Little League
• – TSP (Nerf Fencing) Class
• – Alexandria Rugby Club
• – Alexandria Lacrosse Club
• – Alexandria’s Soccer Association
If you’re here for the music then we’ve got something for everyone. Here’s the schedule:
• – The Noyze (School of Rock Kids)
• – 4 Short of a Dozen (School Rock of Kids)
• – Guest Speakers
• – Wes Tucker and the Skillets (Local Roots/Americana/Rock)
• – Joe Chioocca Band (Local Rock)
• – Purple Isn’t Six (High School Rock Band)
We can't wait to see you for a day of fall fun in Carlyle. Please leave your furry, four-legged friends at home for this event. Free parking and metro accessible.