Friday, April 28, 2017
Community Electronics E-Cycling and Shred Event
Saturday, April 29, 10 a.m. to 1.pm.
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes Lower School Campus, Front Parking Lot
400 Fontaine Street, Alexandria, VA
This Saturday is the 5th Annual St. Stephen's & St. Agnes School Association of Parents and Teachers (APT) Community Electronics E-Cycling and Shred Event. Round up all those unused computers and any other electric appliances. Anything with a plug! Collect those boxes of personal information you've been meaning to destroy to avoid identity theft! Tell your friends and neighbors!
New this year is the Community Shred provided by "Shred-It,"a recognized national leader in document destruction. Please limit your shredding to 10 boxes per household, unless pre-arranged in advance. Documents shredded are 100% recycled.
Last year at our annual E-Cycling event, we recycled over 10,000 lbs. of miscellaneous electronic materials. Strong participation is important so that we can continue to offer this great service every year to our school community and to the greater Alexandria community. Our fantastic partner for this event continues to be Service Source, one of the largest employers of people with disabilities nationwide. Service Source has provided this list of things to consider when recycling your electronics:
* All flat screen monitors or projection type monitors are recycled for free.
* CRT (cathode ray; old box style) monitors will be charged to the owners at $15 (check or cash accepted).
* Projection Televisions will be charged a flat rate of $25.
* Everything else will be taken free of charge (basically anything with a plug).
* All donations are 100% tax deductible. Donation forms available upon request.
* Certificates of Destruction of Hard Drives and cell phone SIM cards available upon request.
* Only electronics, NO refrigeration units (including air conditioner window units).
* Click here for more information on acceptable items for this event.
The APT Sustainability Committee and the Upper School Sustainability Club will manage the electronics drop off and help collect the documents for shredding. We can always use extra hands, so if you would like to volunteer, please contact APT Sustainability Committee member Richard Bottonari at email@example.com.
Posted by Alexandria Mom at 6:40 AM