Del Ray Celebration of the Holidays
Annual Holiday Tree Lighting, Luminaries, & Visit with Santa Claus!
Events are at the Del Ray Farmers Market
Corner of Mt. Vernon Avenue and East Oxford Avenue
And along Mt. Vernon Avenue
- Enjoy thousands of Luminaries along Mt. Vernon Avenue.
- Sing holiday carols at the Del Ray Farmer's Market led by:
- The Rainbow Lady from Rainbow Rock aka Kate Moran.
- Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate provided by Evening Star & Buzz Bakery
- Sit on Santas lap and have a photo taken
- ·Come out and see if you can â€œFind the Spiritsâ€ in Del Ray. Many businesses will be open late for shoppers & offering special holiday spirits/beverages.
- Stop by Del Ray Artisans Holiday Market to shop & enjoy festive food
And, in the true spirit of the holidays, we are asking our neighbors to help those most in need. In partnership
with Carpenters Homeless Shelter, we ask you to please bring and drop in the boxes at the tree lighting any of the following items:
- · Food - canned goods (soup, vegetables, canned meat)
- · Disposable diapers
- · New Twin Sheets
- · Towels and wash cloths
- · Deodorant/Razors
To help, contact Gayle Reuter at email@example.com
Sponsored by the Del Ray Business Association
Special thanks to Bill Blackburn from Pork Barrel BBQ, Holy Cow & Sushi Bar for taking the day to drive all the way out to a Christmas Tree farm to cut down & bring back our beautiful tree. If you see him, please be sure and say thanks!